Now updated with adjustable alleyway widths!
The Pitcher’s Alley™ is a new training device for softball pitchers and coaches. It’s easy to use and provides a visual alleyway with orange ropes. The NEW updated pitcher’s plate is the regulation size at the widest connection points and provides for a narrower alley adjustment for coaches to help pitchers focus on control. This feature was specifically recommended by pitching coaches to us, so we listened.
The Pitcher’s Alley™ also can be used at home and incorporated with a pitcher’s pocket net. Additionally, through our work with coaches and parents, many softball fields do not have bullpens. Walking off an estimated distance is usually inaccurate. The Pitcher’s Alley™ can also be taken on the road to serve as an accurate bullpen for warm-up for the pitcher and catcher. With the Pitcher’s Alley™, players now have an accurate measurement and visual aid for the proper distance no matter the age group.
The Pitcher's Alley™ features three adjustable length options that adhere to USA Softball's official guidelines for fastpitch playing fields:
- 35 ft. for 10U
- 40 ft. for 12U
- and 43 ft. for 14U and up
The Pitcher's Alley™ includes:
- 2 high-visibility, durable orange ropes featuring three metal loops for adjustable lengths at 35 ft., 40 ft., and 43 ft.
- 2 black velcro covers to attach to the rope that will protect the rope from wear and tear from the pitcher's footwork
- 1 white pitcher's plate with 3 options for adjustable lane widths
- 1 white catcher's plate
- 1 transparent zippered bag including 4 ground stakes for use on grass
- 1 orange plastic rope winder
- 1 black travel bag for storage
Can be used on any surface – clay, natural turf, artificial turf, and concrete!
Field Sports Training is proudly based in Houston, TX!